Monday, September 10, 2007

Fashionista

I love and appreciate beautiful things - may they be clothes, shoes, design, art, paintings, architecture, places, etc.

I went to one of the relatives' new house recently. I love the house design... I'm not just saying that to be nice. The bunglow is a shrine to the "kampong" and "western" concepts. If you sit in one room, you can see through the entire house...its quintessentially stylish, 'airy' and there's lots of light. The scenery outside the house is all green....

One of my connections made a very interesting remark about designs. He insisted that clean lines will do it for him every time. He argues that there's elegance in simplicity. Yes, i 'dig' you LL. You don't like fuss!! However, fashion is a statement of intent or personal taste!! To each his/her own.

Sometimes kitsch designs can be fun too. Occasionally,I do indulge my penchant to kitsch. I suppose, you can always see beauty in kitsch. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and kitsch brings out the playfulness in me!!! Don't get me wrong, I am totally against anything OTT, too loud, too gaudy and too ostentatious!! A little kitsch can be a source of pleasure and amusement. Ask my BFF about her pouty fish. It's totally kitsch and it's a definite ice breaker!!

Vintage stuff? I love vintage especially from the house of Dior, Gucci and Chanel!!! Enough said!!

Shoes?? There are some Imeldas in the house of Staar. hehehe. Identities of shoes hoarders; collectors and fashionistas will be kept under wraps to spare their blushes!!!


My List of beautiful things

Edifice: SOAS Mosque; Angkor Wat; Taj Mahal; The Blue Mosque;
Nature: The natural beauty of Brunei Darussalam
Country/Place: Brunei Darussalam, Thailand, Venice, England and France.
Paintings: The Kiss by Klimt; Sunflower by Van Gogh; The Scream by Munch & Kampong Ayer by Pg Timbang
Dance: Rhumba, Salsa, Tango, Jazz
Animals: All creatures great and small
Felines: Cats rule!!

Stay Tuned!

No comments: