Thursday, January 3, 2008

Grateful Journel

Oprah Winfrey once said, we should be keeping a "grateful journal". In it you "list five things that happened this day that you are grateful for. What it will begin to do is change your perspective of your day and your life." I confess that i keep a grateful journal and i write in my diary once a week instead of the recommended once a day!!!

It can be challenging to write a grateful journal because some of the stuff that i wrote tend to be repetitive and hence not interesting!! I was reading Icheh's blog yesterday and in it she listed "interesting and be interested" as one of her new year resolutions. It struck a chord for sure. How to ensure that I remain appreciative, and don’t slip back on to the easy to adopt bad habit of continually wanting more and always desiring what ever the “Joneses” have.

I am not going to lie and say I don't wonder about the grass on the other side of the fence. I am sure we all do and think of "what if...?" or "shall i jump over to the other side?". Sometimes, it’s easy to forget how lucky we are. I am “counting my blessings” and making sure that it's a regular part of my life. In general, I am going to share 10 things I have listed in my diary over the years.

10 Things I am grateful for;

1. My family is not perfect but we all make sense!! Idiosyncrasies aside, we love each other!!

2. I have a superb, fantastic and wonderful BBF

3. I have loved and been loved

4. My felines are my greatest joy

5. The kids love and adore me

6. I am a superb cook, a fact that thrill my nieces (esp Tuu E--- and Bubu) no end!!

7. I am shy but people percieve me as this dynamo with big personality!! (hehehe)

8. I live in a beautiful and peaceful country with lots of greenery

9. I am grateful for my sounding boards and good friends: Ns, Rx, Icheh & LT

10. A muslim woman born in Brunei, not in the Middle-east


I am tagging the following people to list down 10 things they are grateful for;


1. Padian
2. Balsy
3. Iskiness
4. Jacqui
5. Silly Gooseness
6. Ns
7. Rx
8. Icheh
9. Long Long
10. Anyone who reads this blog

Finally, my advice to all, "if you think the grass is greener over the other side of the fence then spend more time tending to your own garden!"

No comments: