Saturday, May 31, 2008

All About Me

My birthday was eight days ago. Life in general is good and I feel that I have truly come into my own. Do I have everything that I have always wanted?? Do I have all the material trappings that I always dreamed of? To be honest, No. And yet when I sleep at night, I am content because in general I have been blessed with good fortune.

The greatest gift that I have ever given myself is by being me, myself and I. By accepting my foibles and imperfections and yet still be grateful. I am comfortable in my own skin. I have a lot to be thankful for - I am here - I am healthy and I am finally at peace with my self.

I might occasionally suffer from insomnia, but when I eventually drop off into exhausted sleep, I find myself smiling in the dark of my great good fortune. My BBF tells me that I am the best thing since slice bread!!! Everytime we have a conversation, she tells me how much I mean to her and we share a sisterhood that biology never granted us. My other close friends share their hearts & lives and those of their children in such a beautiful and loving way that it makes me feel that I will never be alone. My family are not perfect and yet we all make sense. Idiosyncrasies aside, we genuinely love and support each other through thick or thin.

Have you heard of the "Last Lecture" by this dying cancer patient called Randy Pausch?? Truly inspirational and highly recommended. His lecture resonate with a lot of people - including moi, but there's something about what Pausch had to say that really touched a nerve. His advice; be real;if you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself; the dreams will come to you."


Live your best life people. You are in the driving seat.

1. Be positive -- good things will come to people who are positive

2. Take negativity with a pinch of salt

3. Dare to dream....I shall let myself love, hope and wish for the best.


Above all, be thankful - be genuinely, bone-deep grateful for all that we have.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good one...especially the part where you say that "you share a sisterhood that biology never granted...". I would like to add that yes, Biology never granted that, but Chemistry sure did.....Physics anyone??