Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pillow Talk

It is a fact universally acknowledged, that we all need 7 or 8 hours of sleep in order to keep our minds and bodies healthy. Sleeping is just a part of life that we all take for granted. It can be a real problem if we can't get a decent good night sleep. There's a word for it - insomnia. I am one of those unlucky few who find it hard to sleep or simply just can't seem to sleep very well. When I am sleep-deprived, the people around me start to notice the effects. Well-known for being sweet as pie :) when I don't have enough of shut eyes, i am one very cranky, grouchy and stroppy woman!! Hide at all costs. I can eat you on sight!! har!har!har!


Family members, BBF and friends theorize that i suffer from insomnia because I think too much!!! That I must be worried or excited about something. Duh!!! As if!!! I am not worried nor am i excited about stuff -- i just find sleep elusive!!


What do you associate with the word 'sleep'? Well, I always conjure up restful images of fluffy pillows, comfortable blankets and depending on your preference a very cuddly and warm 'companion'. I sleep with my furry friends (Mr. C, Silver Tabby and occasionally Kebab). Do I sleep better with the felines around?? Well...., I just love having them in my room and they are ever so cute.... do look at the pictures below....



Pix 1. Mr. C is in slumberland


Pix 2. Silver tabby is having a catnap


Pix 3. Sleeping beauty - K.e.b.a.b



The pictures are so adorable, aren't they? I do envy the cats simply because they can just go to snooze at any time of the day or night. For my own sanity, I have to find a cure for my insomnia before I go really mental!! Sleep deprivation is a serious problem - it can wreak havoc on your health and general well-being.


The following are some simple tips on how to sleep better.
  • Drink chamomile tea half an hour before shut eye
  • Wear your most comfortable nightie
  • Soak your feet in warm soapy water. Clean feet will ward off nightmares...so they say!!
  • Have a mini massage
  • Count sheep

If counting sheep doesn't work, read the same page of a book over and over again. It will put you to sleep in no time. Highly recommended, a dictionary!!!

Good Night Every one. Lights off now.

No comments: