Saturday, May 3, 2008

SnapShots

I was looking at some of the pictures that I took of the kids when I came across these glossies. They say "a picture paints a thousand words" -- these photos definitely illustrate kids, nature, enjoyment and serenity. Although, I must admit that I would never put kids and serenity in the same bracket!! har!har! :)



Plate 1. R & L at Tasek Lama.


Plate 2. L, R, A, Pkn & Pbs at Bukit Shahbandar.


Enjoyment of outdoor spaces has always been important to us. As such, Tasek Lama and Bukit Shahbandar are popular recreation parks in Brunei Darussalam. People visit the parks for various reasons -- leisure; to jog, hike, repose and so on. The relevant government agencies provide a range of activities and facilities for visitors to enjoy at the parks. However, I cannot help but notice that some of these visitors do not seem to appreciate the parks. A few minority litter, vandal and even deface the parks facilities. These are definitely appalling behaviours. This minority are a few too many!!!


That brings me back to the topic of this very post -- kids and nature. You might ask...is there a need to 'manage' people's leisure? Why the concern??? Nature provides us, in the natural environment with abundant resources for leisure and recreation. I think it is our utmost duty to protect, conserve and and manage our parks for our common future. Do join me in the following park codes in order to help protect our natural heritage;

  • keep our parks clean
  • respect nature
  • keep wildlife wild - do not feed or disturb animals; or remove native plants
  • keep to defined paths and trails
  • be considerate of other park users

I think these guidelines are very simple to follow. If everyone abides by this code, then our children's children will be able to enjoy our recreation parks in their splendour.


No comments: