Thursday, October 4, 2007

October Ode

It has been heartening to know that my "ode to the family" is so popular among the clan!!! As promised, dedications will be bestowed upon 2 family members this month. Pseudonyms are used to spare the nominees' blushes. Once you have read my description...you know who this dedication is for...

"Mistress of Herbs".
This is a very special person in the family. Relatives near and far for sure come to see her. She is a consultant, an adviser, a masseur, a shaman and a healer. I have a very interesting relationship with her. At times, we don't see eye-to-eye and she nags!!! In spite of this, I do love and honour her. When it matters, she is always there. This tribute is to honour her place and contribution in the family as the matriarch.

"Master of the sea".
This person is the eldest in the family. I can say that he is one of the artists in the family. He loves to work with wood. He is a lover of all creatures great and small. I think his greatest passion is fish and the sea. This love can be observed in his collection of fish memorabilia. His life and work revolves around the ocean. He is the real Master of the Sea.

No comments: