Saturday, October 20, 2007

Guilty Pleasure

Everyone has at least one guilty pleasure.....I don't mean in something illegal that involves you in snorting coke and printing your own counterfeit money!! hehehe. Its that lifestyle guilty pleasures, a true catch-all for everything and anything we're just a wee bit embarrassed by. I say that guilty pleasures put colour in life, and who are we to deny ourselves? indeed, hehehehe. Fess all, we all give in to temptation from time to time.


These are my list of guilty pleasures.


1. Books! books! books! I love books! I love to read about many things. Families and friends (esp BBF) learn not to accompany me to book stores as I can spend many, many, hours in a bookshop -- my haven!!. I have a large collection of books. I admit that there are some I haven't read yet or some which I haven't the time to read all the way through. Books -- my luxury and ultimate indulgence!!


2. A girl and her shoes - a definite cliché!! When it comes to shoes, I don’t need a reason. hehehe. Shoes are the perfect accessory!! They can make or break an outfit, furthermore a pair of perfect shoes makes your look taller (heels rules!). Suffice to say, I love all kinds of shoes. When it comes to those high-fashion (re: short shelf life) shoes, I buy the cheap version or wait for sales. No sense in spending big money on something I won’t be wearing in a year. Like all true shoe mavens, I covet the true jewels — Gucci, Chanel, Ferragamo, Prada, Tod, Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik and of course Christian Louboutin. I am not ashamed to admit that I salivate over a pair of Christian Louboutin in magazines. My ultimate dream-- moi wearing a pair of strappy, spike heeled Christian Louboutin. I know for sure the price will be v.v.v. steep but hey I sure will look stylish and gorgeous in my Louboutin. hehehehe



3. I love manicure and pedicure. Clean, trimmed cuticles. Callouses removed. Bliss!! Its pure indulgence to sit back and relax, my feet soaking in a warm, scented water while one woman pampers my tootsies while another tends to my hands. I think its sexy to extend a freshly manicured hand to someone. And your strappy heels (see above) always look just that much better with feet that don’t look like they’ve been through the battle of callouses.


4. "The Oprah Winfrey Show". I love Oprah and I am not ashamed to admit it. I schedule my activities around “Oprah”. Family members and BBF know that I am not to be disturbed when I am watching Oprah. They don't dare!!! hehehehe.


5. I read those trashy magazines or tabloids. Even though it is 90% escapism for me, I do tell myself it shines a light on pop culture and it is also just pure sleazy fun.


6. Favorite junk-food treat: samboi. Samboi is dried, preserved pitted plums or prunes. The sourness/saltiness is so strong that they become their own exquisite form of torture. That just makes me want more. A curiosity at first, they demanded a try. With one bite, you were either hooked — or vowed never to touch the vile things again. Hidden in the bedroom drawer, they firmly command respect. hehehhee


7. Chocolate -- Enough said!!!


8. I love hair product especially shampoo and conditioner. I love the smell of freshly washed hair!!! My crowning glory deserves the best baby!!! It's impossible not to reward ourselves with a little self-indulgence from time to time.


9. I am obsessed with E! channel. I reckon this obsession stem from my interest in pop culture!!! See no: 5. Its gratifying to know that celebs have their off days too. They are not perfect esp after watching their faux pas on live television!!! Its pure sleazy fun!!!


10. I give special names to my frenemies. Hehehe


We all have that secret indulgences that fill us with joy and shame in equal measure. Now is the chance to get it off your chest. I dare you!!!




No comments: