Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sole Connection

I come from a family that loves shoes. I mean, all the girls in the family are very well-heeled. Dare I say that some of us in the family are TRULY shoe addicts. I CAN NAME YOU!! tee hee hee. What is it about shoes that make us weak at the knees??? Why are they so addictive?? One thing for sure is, shoes give you instant uplift. It's surgery without the knife. Heels transform the way you walk and carry yourself.


Plate 1. shoes-o-shoes

It has been said that shoes are sex in a box!!! hehehe. When I put on a beautiful and expensive pair, its so pure decadent, such wicked pleasure, its hedonistic at best!!! har!har!har! You may ask, what constitutes a true shoe habit? Let me see.....it's when you experience shortness of breath at the sight of a shoe sale and beautiful soles? I-joke-not. The shoe doesn't even have to be for moi. It can be for someone else, I get the same rush of adrenalin and excitement! It's also when I see a perfect pair and they definitely speak to me. They are like lorelei, a siren who lures sailors to their deaths. In my case, temptation; empty wallet and shoes to die for!! hehehehe. When soles beckon, my common sense just evaporated and i come up with just the perfect mantra every time, shoes are an investment!!!!

BBF doesn't understand this obsession to shoes. But she indulges me and tries to be a sport when I spend a little too long in a shoe shop. Over time, she wise up and to let me do my own shoe browsing/shopping. I think women understand each other. After all, don't we all go a little overboard with the shopping from time to time? Isn't it part of being the complicated, mysterious, moody, adorable, multitasking females that we are?


What I know for sure is my love for shoes is hereditary. Sole connection enables us to stick together as a family. We have something in common beside our name -- our passion for shoes!!. On a personal note, I love shoes. I like them a lot more than going barefoot. I rest my case!!!


No comments: