Friday, February 29, 2008

Out of the box

I have always pride myself as being different from the herd. False modesty aside, I think me, myself & I = totally unique; i.e. without an equal. Tee hee hee. However, to my consternation and absolute shock plus horror --- my so called loved ones (you know who you are!) said that I have become very predictable. Moi?!!!! :@ This is surreal!!!!


I must insist that the core that is distinctively moi is still unparalleled. hehehe. I admit, perhaps, maybe, I have been predictable in the following areas;

  • Favourite colours -- i have been told that i only wear certain colours. Yup, this I agree...its timely to look at other hues;
  • Dietary requirement -- this i can't change much due to medical restrictions!! Perhaps, i can experiment in different ways of cooking my food;
  • Toiletries: I have been using Dove for donkey years and I love it so much!!!!....mantra-o-mantra -- chant to self:possibilities are endless!! Scream out loud: out of the box! out of the box!
  • Anti-social behaviour -- To loved ones: I am sleeping over this matter. ONE DAY AT A TIME. This has to be handled with extreme caution in order to avoid major meltdown!!!!!
  • Hair styles -- I might surprise you one of these days!!!
  • Favourite hang out: I am open to suggestions...


It has been said that change can be very challenging and liberating. It's definitely hard to step out of our comfort zones. However, change can be a good thing if it means, it's for the better. I don't mind getting out of the box over superficial and inconsequential stuff but i remain and will still hold dear and true of myself. What I know for sure is that no one ever made an impact on the world without standing out from the crowd -- note to self: embrace my unique qualities. Mmmm...does that include being anti-social??? har!har!har!



Personally, it is worthy of being considered in a class by itself and as such it is crucial to embrace the person that I am and to savour the people around me who do enjoy me. I can take that same premise and extend it to so many things in my life. I want to live a life that is my own, pleasing no one else but those who truly matter around me - and most of all, me, myself and I.



It's difficult enough to fit into the mould. Mantra-o-mantra: "Be you; always be true to yourself". A definite cliche but it's TRUE nonetheless. I think by being me, myself & I; its sexy because
it's so real and unrehearsed. I Dare to be Different; ♥ ツ.



On a different note -- I take stock of the loved ones suggestions. It's good to break out of my comfort zone, take risks and discover new things. Life is nothing but an adventure...



This entry is dedicated to Tuuuu E, Ns & Rx.








No comments: