Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Excuses! Excuses!



It is a truth universally acknowledged, that we all make excuses, to avoid doing things we don't particularly want to do. Excuses come in different guises - some are feeble excuses, some tell big fat lies, some tell white lies and some come up with fantastic excuses and all that jazz.


We all give excuses in order to avoid dealing with unpleasant situation. I have made and heard some really good, funny and silly excuses in my time!! hehehe. Below are some of my favourite:


My friend S-----e of Leeds gave this excuse to this guy who would not take "no" for an answer. She told him that she had received an obscene call, and had the phone tapped. He shouldn't phone her because the police might inquire at work or home, and she didn't want him to be embarassed. He never called again!!! Wicked!! hehehee


This is an actual excuse I gave to this guy. hehehe. I don't think we should see each other any more. Why? I'm leaving UK for Brunei in two days time. It would have worked if I didn't bump into him at Tesco a week later. (Bummer!!! har!har!har!). Another time, this persistent guy once asked me out on a date. My excuse...I can't date you because I only date guys from the same religion. It works. Hehehe.


Another friend who shall be nameless...stood her date up and her excuse....ooooh! You meant this saturday? I thought it's next week. I am busy!! AND THE WICKED GIRL KEEP UP THE SAME EXCUSE EVERY WEEK!! hehehe


Mother of excuses goes to my former landlady who seem to be washing her hair whenever she is asked for dates by ugly guys!!! One day she told this excuse to this guy.."I'm sorry but I can't go out with you on saturday. I am getting married"!!! heheehehee! liar! pants on fire!


My colleague actually gave this excuse, "I'm sorry I'm late but it was hazy and I missed the junction to work"


A colleague, G-d--n told me this excuse, "Im sorry I can't give a talk because I have kidney stones in my neck". Obviously a big fat lie but its a butt of jokes now amongst my friends.


Traffic!! It was unbelieveable!!


For obvious reasons, this is for saturdays only. I won't be in today because I think its still friday. hehehehehe


Latest excuse - the flood is terrible!!! I can't get to work today!!! hehehe


It’s amazing that people come up with various excuses in order to avoid doing things. But when we come to the crux of the matter, excuses are lies we tell ourselves to avoid dealing with unpleasant truths. One of the most important steps in personal growth is to uproot excuse-making and confront the real issues behind the excuses with consciousness and courage. Mmmm....Don’t let excuses run your life. Shoot down your excuses, face the bitter truth, and start taking the steps necessary to change in the direction you want to go.


That's the question isn't it....will we stop from making excuses or do we tell the truth?? You don't want to date a particular guy because he smells or he's ugly (do you tell him so??......I love to say that I am allergic to ugly/smelly men -- yes, its cruel but effective and it will definitely give the poor man a big complex!!!...and by giving out excuses the poor man can still retain the illusion that he's desirable!!). Sometimes, the truth hurts and what I know for sure is that good excuses are important. We want to retain that veneer of politeness so that the other person will not get offended or hurt. What do you think?? Excuses free or keep them coming baby?!!









No comments: