Saturday, November 24, 2007

FIRST LOVE


First Love....aaahhhh
(all together now!!!). What I know for sure is everyone remembers their first love.....those sweet poignant moments!!. Few experiences will ever be as intense and overwhelming as your first crush. aaahhhhh!!!

Lets talk about moi and my first love. Elsewhere in the star system, I can hear shouts of excitement from my nearest and dearest...dying to know the story!!! hehehehehe. I have many sweet, wonderful, exciting encounters with first loves. (huh?!!! I can just imagine the looks on your faces!!! har!har!har!) I will share the good, the bad and the ugly tales of my many first loves!!!

My very first love is Mr. Mark Darcy. Yes, that fictional yet dashing hero of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice!!! What is it about Mr. Darcy that send women including tres moi wild?? He is the epitome of a perfect gent, and a sex machine to all chicks. hehehe. He smoulders with sullen intensity and does so while wearing a frilly white shirt and tight breeches!!!! And, yet no one complains about his fashion sense. So, why Mr. Darcy, you may ask...he is not real!!!! Well,...he is anti-man...he is everything a man is not and therefore women adore him. I have loved Mr. Darcy since I was 13 years old. So, what's the secret of this enduring love?? What's the secret to his lasting appeal?? Mr. Darcy is tall, dark and handsome and, a bonus here, extremely wealthy. He is also seductive, aloof, moody, detached, full of integrity and more than a little 'complicated'. He simply oozes sex appeal. Maybe this is the key to his allure. I simply love Mr. Darcy. Enough said!!! If you know a real Mr. Darcy, give him my number.....

As mentioned, I have numerous first loves. My first feline and furry friend....aaahhhh; my first Gucci handbag...aaahhhh..; my first Prada shoes...aaahhh; my first trip to Venice...aaahhhh; my first ride on a roller coaster...aaahhhh; and the ultimate I fell in love with an old flame because he wrote such romantic letters....aaahhhhh!!!

As a teenager, I had numerous crushes and first loves. I thought I was going to marry gorgeous John Stamos of the Full House fame. Sigh! (He is now in E.R....you can slobber over him nightly on the hallmark channel!!). Teenager huh....major crushes on movie stars or rock stars come with the territory!! They say falling in love as a teenager is more intense than the experience in adulthood. I don't know about that...what do you think??? But its often true that these early relationships usually burn out quickly. Let me share some wonderful quotes about first love....


The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end”.
Benjamin Disraeli, 1804-1881.

First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity.George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950.


Finally, the piece de resistance, my first love was this boy who shall be nameless. I thought it was the end of the world when it ended. It was bitter-sweet. The saying is right, first love will burn out quickly. I was very philosophical when it ended though. Just because this relationship was over, it didn't mean that you'll never find love again. We all got over our first loves. Many people will remember how hard it was to get over their first love, but admit that they found greater loves in their lifetime.

STAY TUNED



No comments: