Sunday, November 25, 2007

FIRST LOVE (Part II)

First love is always special to all of us. We all remember our first loves. Aaahhhhh...., for moi, I met Mr. Darcy courtesy of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. I confess that I read the book for the umpteenth times. Anyway, he is special to me since I was thirteen!!!. Devastatingly handsome, mysterious and totally sexy, Mr. Darcy set the bar for all my future boyfriends. What I know for sure is that Mr. Darcy is a female fantasy and that's what he shall remain. Fast forward, I am still looking for my own Mr. Darcy, flesh and blood. Don't get me wrong. I'm not Bridget Jones. I don't need a man to complete me. This is one happy singleton. :p

Contrary to popular opinions, I think we all can have numerous first loves. hehehehe. That's the fun of being alive...we feel the joy, the thrill, the excitement and the rush of firsssttt loooveees. I say, we must enjoy and savour the love train....the good, the bad and the ugly bits. We learn from our 'lurve' experiences. When it comes to love partner, (note to self) must say NO to the following losers;

  1. Commitment-phobics. This type definitely has major 'issues with intimacy' and 'commitment'. At first sign, ladies and gents.......,its adieu; au revoir; bye-bye, sayonara loser! Run like hell peope!!!!
  2. Workaholics. Work is numero uno. They don't have time even for themselves. Very self-absorbed. Selfish!! They are totally so not into you!!!
  3. Possessive losers. One word: sicko!! Red alert ladies!!
  4. Stingy gits!! Avoid at all costs.
  5. Don't date your friend even if he fancies you. You must feel the same or its bound to end in tears. Not good!!!
  6. They hate your feline friends. Love me, love my cats. hehehehe
  7. Insensitive and chauvinistic jerks can jump into the nearest infested water full of hungry crocs and sharks!! har!har!har!
  8. Needy type!!! They will smother you with love and affection!! It will be death by love. You will be begging for space and distance!!!
  9. Unfaithful jerks. They are not good enough to wipe your shoes, let alone kiss your lovely feet.
  10. Negative personality..... This kind will depress you no end!!! Life is so short...move on!!!

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single girl in possession of her right mind must be in want of a decent man. However, to quote Jane Austen, "To you I shall say, as I have often said before, Do not be in a hurry, the right man will come at last".


WATCH THIS SPACE.

2 comments:

winx said...

Har Har har...
Let me just share... I've been with the committment-phobic, workaholic, possessive loser, stingy git, insensitive and chauvinist, ultra-needy, the unfaithful, the negative.
Oh, there's the I-really-can't-make-my-decision guy, the absolute-liar, the alim-alim kucing, the I'm-the most-gorgeous, the fu*king racist. Ahh, they're just so not worth it. Glad, to find my soul-mate. He's the sederhana man, for all I figured, but he completes me. Thank God.

Ps. as ever, if you do find your Mr Right, don't ever forget me. You sure know what I mean galfren.

The World According to Twinkle said...

he!he!he! I am very happy you found your soul mate girl!!! I agree, he's a nice guy.

If, I ever find my Mr. Darcy (fully loaded with charm; respect, romance and esp wealth)..I wont forget you beb!! hehehe

We are such a pair to have gone through losers who displayed the no no attributes. At least, tried and tested; trial and error...we know what we really, really want. A soulmate.