Friday, November 14, 2008

Scent of a Cat

I really like blogging. I think i have a talent for it. Today i want to blog about smell. As a member of the animal kingdom, i am very proud to say that we all produce pheromones that sort of influence our behaviours. This is very cool indeed...oh...la..la...





I must say that I have a strong sense of smell. I can identify a baddie by my superior sense of smell. I can detect mutts by their bad odour!! Note to dog owners, dogs smell!!! I also use my keen smell to mark my territories. The best thing about it, i get pleasure out of rubbing my face against something -- may it be the furniture or the doorway...hehehehe. When i rub myself against my mummy, i am rubbing off some of my scent to her and to say she's mine-o-mine and only other cats can smell this scent!!! How cool is that! Also, to mark her as my property, i like to sit on her lap, enjoying the cuddles and the warmth. purr...purrr Other pretenders, beware - i protect my property!!! hisssss


Sometimes, i like to scratch a baddie's leather handbag and i am never caught...ever!! hehhehehe.....the trick is, leave the scene of the crime and play cute.,... purr...purr.....no one will pin the deed to you....hyuk!hyuk! meow...


I notice that humans can be very unreasonable about their furniture!! There are times when i use my claws to scratch a furniture and they scream at me or throw a hissy tantrum!!! The cheek of it!!! Don't they know that its a way for us cats to exercise our paws and claws and for scent marking???? Scratching relaxes me and I am simply showing the humans that i am comfortable with my surrounding! It's nothing to do with destructive behaviour!!! I scratched that young vet for saying that...snicker...snicker.... i read somewhere that a person who mistreat a cat will die in a storm. Note to humans -- Be kind to us felines.


I can smell fresh biscuits -- time for dinner!!!


You want a cuddle? Take a page out of this handsome cat -- greet your human by rolling on your back, stretch your legs as far as possible, yawn and exercise your claws. Humans think its cute!!



No comments: