Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sun, Sea, Sand and the MALDIVES

I went to the Maldives recently. Maldives is made up of 1,190 low-lying coral islands in groups of 26 naturally occurring atolls which are divided into 20 for administrative purposes. (I even met an atoll chief!!). Maldives Islands are characterized by a unique coral nature islands, lagoons and reefs and the sea is so crystal, clear, blue water. This country is absolutely gorgeous and its worth a visit!! I totally recommend it. Sun, sea, sand and fresh fish everyday = one very content visitor!!! I think i can live in this country happily!!

I stayed at Bandos Island. Its a tiny island and you can explore the whole island in half an hour. I woke up early in the morning everyday to enjoy my swim and just to see sunrise. In the evening, i went for a walk, swim and enjoy the sunset. This is what I called paradise on earth. This is definitely the place to relax and enjoy yourself!! Bliss! Enjoy the pictures folks!


Picture 1. Bandos Island.

Picture 2. Male, the capital of Maldives

Picture 3. Picturesque Maldives, Bandos Island.

Picture 4. Powdery white sand and clear blue water

Picture 5. Wish you were here

2 comments:

HeartStriings said...

Wow....more photos please...esp the one of you in bikini??

The World According to Twinkle said...

hehehehe. its a really beautiful country. Its worth a trip.