Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ho Chi Minh City: Part 1

I went to Ho Chi Minh City recently with my best,best friend. I visited the city in the late 1990s. When I was last there, almost every women on the street were wearing the traditional "ao dais" and conical hats, even when riding their motor-bikes. I found the sight very charming. In 2009, the traditional clothes are replaced by western clothes....I can count a number of women in their beautiful traditional costumes. I am really amazed by Vietnam's rapid development and the impact of globalisation!!!

Despite the impact of development, I find Ho Chi Minh still charming. It was lovely to soak the beautiful Vietnamese's cultures, colours and sights. The people are very friendly. I think i will come back and visit Ho Chi Minh City again, definitely.

A woman in her conical hat

The water puppet show - not to be missed

The famous Vietnamese Pho noodle soup

Dragon fruit

Art is the pulse of the Vietnamese culture

1 comment:

FR said...

I can't wait to go there!!!